Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Capture Your Grief: Day 7- Memory

This is a picture of our sweet Paisley. We had 5 precious hours with her. Before they took her, I covered her with a blanket. That was the only time I was able to tuck her in. It was 14 months ago and I still get teary sometimes when I tuck my son in at night. I should be tucking Paisley in too but I only had that one chance. 
One of the things I regret not doing with Paisley was singing her a lullaby. Wasn't going to let that opportunity pass when I had the chance to hold Brody. I sang one of my kid's favorites, "The Itsy Bitsy Spider". Also sang "You Are My Sunshine" until I got to the part that says "please don't take my sunshine away". At that point, the sobs took over. I still can't sing that song without crying and probably always will. 
There are so many other memories with all of our angels but these are my most precious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment