Saturday, October 10, 2015

Capture Your Grief: Day 10- Words

Words can be so uplifting or heart shattering. The old adage, sticks & stones can break my bones but words will never hurt me, is so far from the truth. Instead of mulling through some of the painful things I've heard, I'm going to share some words that have brought me the most comfort.  
When our sweet Paisley died, one of my dear friends was out of the country. I had the chance to chat with her briefly on our way to her memorial service. I told her that I didn't know how I'd make it through the service because I was a wreck. She told me that my only job for that moment was to be Paisley's mommy and that it didn't matter what that looked like. Not only did she use my daughter's name, but she also validated that I was her mommy. She didn't stop there, she proceeded to give me permission to grieve. I will never forget her words on that day. Such a precious moment amongst friends that I am forever grateful for. 


No comments:

Post a Comment